Of course not! Although we think our 100% human grade complete and balanced foods are the best of the best, you are able to mix and match with other foods based on you and your pet’s preferences and needs. Here are a few ways we’ve heard customers use our foods:
- As a Complete Meal: our complete and balanced dehydrated, dry and wet foods can be served alone without any additions needed (except for our base mixes, which need protein added before serving).
- In Their Rotational Feeding Schedule: to add variety at mealtime and expose their pet to a wider array of nutrients, many customers choose to rotate between recipes and proteins on a monthly, weekly and even daily basis. To learn more about rotational feeding, click here.
- As a Topper: this is especially popular with our dehydrated and wet foods–many customers share that they will top these items over a dry food to add variety to their pet’s meal. Plus, it helps add moisture and additional nutrients to their diet.
- In Emergencies & Traveling: our dehydrated foods are compact and easy to store, so they’ve become popular for emergency preparedness kits, travelers and backpackers. They can be stored for 12 months and make 4x their weight in food, so they are great for when you need a lot of food, but don’t have a lot of space.
- Defrosting Errors: Fresh and raw feeders especially love our foods for when they don’t have time to homecook their pet's food or forgot to defrost their pet’s meal. Why? Because their pet still gets high-quality, human grade, whole food recipes, just without the hassle.