It’s hard to get on our list — and for good reason. Our suppliers must certify they meet the strictest standards for food safety and health as well as sustainability and fair-trade practices.
Every year, each of our food suppliers signs our “Human Food Grade Guarantee” and “Statement of Quality and Integrity.”
We think it’s important you know what they have to live up to.
- Foods maintain human-edible status from harvest and all handling, screening and cleaning, through delivery to our human-food plant.
- Every ingredient includes a Statement of Country of Origin.
- Supplier guarantees ingredients do not originate from China (read why).
- Supplier adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Foods are not genetically modified or subject to engineered recombinant DNA technology.
- Verification that all ingredients are free of chemicals or adulterants.
- Verification that all foods are free of chemical preservatives, such as Ethoxyquin.
- Supplier follows sustainability and fair-trade practices where applicable.